Branding your Business
Branding is one of the most important aspects of any business, large or small, retail or B2B. An effective brand strategy gives you a major edge in increasingly competitive markets.
Today, customers make split decisions based on what they see. You only have one chance to make a first impression, so if you want make an impact, it’s vital that your branding is up to par. That’s why it’s important to make sure that your visual presentation makes you appear unique, credible, trustworthy, and authoritative.
Smartphonopoly has many years of working with businesses to improve their online brand presence. We help to make sure that this branding is cohesive with all marketing, including print materials and even business cards.
Cutting edge Graphic Design
The key to standing out in today’s competitive world is to present your company in a unique manner. Most companies copy how industry leaders present themselves. We feel this is prohibitive in competition as it often times can make your business secondary to larger competitors. An innovative design that sets you apart from your competitors and carves a unique identity in your industry will lead to greater success.
Defining Your Brand
Defining your brand is like a journey of business self-discovery. It can be difficult, time-consuming and uncomfortable. To get started, answer the questions below:
- What is your company’s mission?
- What are the benefits and features of your products or services?
- What do your customers and prospects already think of your company?
- What qualities do you want them to associate with your company?
Do your research. Learn the needs, habits and desires of your current and prospective customers. And don’t rely on what you think they think. Know what they think.
Once you’ve defined your brand
Here are a few simple, time-tested tips to help you get the word out:
- Get a great logo – Make sure you use it….everywhere.
- Write down your brand messaging – What are the key messages you want to communicate? Every employee needs to be aware of your brand attributes.
- Integrate – Your branding needs to extend to every aspect of your business–how you answer your phones, your e-mail signature, everything.
- Create a voice for your company – This voice should reflect your brand and be applied to all written communication and incorporated in the visual imagery of all materials, online and off.
- Create a tagline – Write a memorable, meaningful and concise statement that captures the essence of your brand.
- Templates for your marketing material – Use the same color scheme, logo placement, look and feel throughout. Be consistent.
- Be true to your brand – Customers won’t stay customers or give you referrals if you don’t deliver on your brand promise.
- Be consistent – If you can’t do this, your attempts at establishing a brand will fail.